lunes, 28 de febrero de 2011

Before inspiration comes... there came complaints.

Hi my dear readers.

Today (as some other days) I'll unload my complains in this site. Last night I watched the Academy Awards on TV, and got really dissapointed.

Maye it was the fact that I had not seen most of the movies that won the most remarkable awards, but it dissapionted me to see that movies like "Black Swan", "Tron: Legacy" and the latest version of "Rapunzel" (I dunno it's name in English) did not win.

Even though I'm Mexican, I did not like the move "Buitiful". To start, the theme is somewhat pathetic in my opinion, then, the way the tell the story looks so much like many other dumb movies and soap operas so common here... so, to watch more of the same trash, I'd certainly not spend a peso on it.

(Note: the "peso" is the national currency here)

Even though I enjoyed movies like Toy Story 3, I'd have to admit that it had pretty much the same effect on me as the third Shrek movie (and because of that one I have no desire to watch the fourth) like: yeah, I've seen that before, what's new here?

But not everything is bad. Even though I had not even heard of the movie in which title is the word "king", nor the one in which Christian Bale appears (Whom I hope will still be willing to appear in the third batman movie from the current saga), or even just heard about "Inception", seen the trailers but neve had seen it, I have good hopes for those movies.

In my to-watch list is Black Swan on top. I've heard some very good comments of it, and even though I'm not much of a ballet fan, I do like Natalie Portman's choices for the movies she appears in and the scripts she decides to act.

I'd like some feedback on this (even if it's brief)... so I can have a wider array of opinions to consider (not just my picky self and my thoughts).

So, feel free to comment. (I'll be reading, mwahaha) =P

PS. In my heart, How to train your dragon had to be the one to win the best animated movie award.

STAY TUNED!

1 comentario:

  1. Sólo un par de observaciones: Biutiful es una película de González Iñarritu, no de Cuarón, y Tangled es el nombre original de Enredados, la nueva versión de Rapunzel.

    And as the post it's in english, well. . . Personally, I LOVE "How to Train your Dragon", but even though I think that technically, artistically and narratively Toy Story 3 it's a better film. Also it has the effect that a whole generation grew up with those characters and they share an emotional bond with them that can't be ignored and worked powerfully in the film. That's the topic that I can talk the most for obvious reasons ^^

    Cheers!

    ResponderEliminar